Saturday, January 07, 2006

Are you willing to stand up and be counted?

I've recently decided to come out in the open and declare publically how I view the world.

Not that I've been particularly mute on the topic, but I've never made a declaration for all to see, as I have now.

I've decided to make it know to all who care about it, that I consider myself to be a World Citizen and, surprizingly to me, I agree with most of the principles which are described in the article: World citizen in Wikipedia.

Since the purpose of this blog is to publish thoughts to stimulate thinking, I'd encourage everyone who reads this to click on the Wikipedia link and explore the idea more.

I know that there are many people who don't, or won't, agree with me, but my objective is not to seek agreement, but rather to encouage you to think about these topics and to come to your own conclusions based on what you've discovered through your own experience and analysis, instead of just parroting ideas (such as patriotism, loyalty, nationalism, citizenship, etc.) which have been hammered into your consciousness ever since you were born.

After careful examination and thought you may decide to continue to believe in some of the things which you have been taught. If this is because you have examined the issues carefully I'd encourage you to keep those beliefs, but if you've never examined them, how do you know that they're right for you?

No comments: